It is currently Fri May 14, 2021 9:46 pm

Free Newsletter

Golden's progress

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Postby golden » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:29 pm

oh and a peach iced tea with my lunch too <3
My weight- 58kgs :-) (BMI- 21.9)

Inner confidence- It's all in the eyes... the window to the soul
golden

Postby golden » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:20 pm

YES I HAD SOMETHING DIFFERENT TODAY LOL :-D

27 November, 2007

Breakfast/Lunch combined-- sashimi deluxe sushi pack with wasabi & soy sauce, medium 'all berry bang' Boost Juice with powerpack of shots (energy shot, vitamin shot, immunity shot)

Afternoon tea-- english breakfast tea at a cafe, toasted croissant with butter

golden

Postby golden » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:23 pm

Spent probably too much today... must save for chrissie shopping cause I love giving pressies :-)

Bought 2 pairs of gorgeous earrings, one pair were pearl studs on white gold, and the others were diamonds on white gold (thank god they were on special because the original price was ridiculous).

They're preeedy & I love them <3

golden

Postby golden » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:09 am

Uh oh... just tried on one of my size 6's and they DON'T FIT NO MORE (actually they fit down bottom but not up to, so I should be happy but I'm not). Ok this calls for drastic measures- no more sushi.

Can someone recommend me something quick and healthy I can have for lunch instead of sushi?

golden

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:42 am

salad sandwich on wholemeal bread (not a roll) with no butter/marg/cheese?
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby lng86 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:58 am

Or a nice salad!!!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby golden » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:07 am

I was going to argue about needing my fish (seeeee I was going to have sashmi instead of sushi, so no carbs, but a decent sashimi pack is $17!!!!!!!)

I guess I could have salmon in a wholemeal salad sandwich though.

Thanks for the ideas lauren & tegan... any more ladies? :oops:

golden

Postby electrongirl » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:12 am

I have tuna & salad pretty much everyday. That way I get my Omega 3 and veges.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:37 am

see now, my lunch usually consists of levtovers from dinner, but if for some reason the bloke has been a pig and eaten it all :lol: I'll usually have a salad and some toast. Very occasionally I'll buy something, like a salad roll or sushi (or occasionally make sushi)
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby golden » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:42 pm

November 29, 2007

Breakfast-- none (I know, naughty, but the boy and I were going out for lunch so I was too lazy to make myself something before we left)

Lunch-- fish ball soup with noodles and green leafy veggies, a few bites of lemon chicken & fried rice, small bottle of apple/blackcurrent juice

Afternoon tea-- none

Dinner soon...

P.S. I didn't have sushi woo!

golden

Postby golden » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:51 pm

Dinner-- 2 pieces of bruschetta, 3 slices of chicken, snowpeas

Dessert-- 4 pieces of watermelon

golden

Postby golden » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:11 am

I'm beginning to think I eat things that make me bloated as opposed to fat. I had no trouble fitting into that size 6 dress this morning, even though it wouldn't fit yesterday. So I did a bit of research on bloating and found this:

Some foods are also known to cause bloating so you might want to eat fewer of these. Typical culprits include beans, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, sprouts, onions and garlic – however, remember these are good sources of fibre and you should eat five portions of fruit and veg a day.

Swallowing too much air can also give you a bloated tummy and surprisingly, there are several habits that can result in this. Simple things such as talking while eating, using a straw or sports bottle, chewing gum, eating when you’re on the move, drinking from a water fountain and eating when you’re upset are all common culprits so try and eliminate as many of these things as possible.

You may also find it helpful to cut out fizzy drinks, including sparkling water. Many slimmers fill up on these types of drinks, but the gas they contain simply ends up in your stomach. It’s also worthwhile avoiding too many ‘diet’, ‘sugar-free’ or ‘low-carb’ products that contain sorbitol, mannitol or maltitol. These sweeteners, which are used in place of sugar, have a laxative effect which can leave you feeling uncomfortable and full of wind.

Finally you could try drinking chamomile or peppermint tea. It might not be your usual cuppa but drinks like these are good for the digestive system and can help to ease that bloaty feeling.

From that article,I think my main problems are:
- eating too fast (I only have a 30 min lunchbreak at work, and I spend 10 mins buying the food in the first place), I also wait 4-6 hours into my shift before having my break.
- talking while i'm eating (i never eat alone hehe)
- chewing gum

30 November, 2007

Breakfast/morning tea-- small bowl of special K with physical low fat milk, tall glass of juice, 2 slices of raisin, sunflower seed & pumpkin seed toast with margarine

golden

Postby electrongirl » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:19 am

bloating sucks!! And its usually healthy food that does it! If I eat lots of vegies I sometimes get all bloaty!

Being female doesn't help cause we are more inclined to bloating.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby golden » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:27 am

I know, it's terrible! I can't walk when I'm bloated... once I got bloated during my lunchbreak and then had to work another 3 hours after that, and I seriously COULDN'T WALK much faster than a turtle. Usually I dart all over the place at work (this is the retail job), but that day I was like *groan* I'm coooming... step... step...., step.... LOL

I just realised another problem I have, if I buy food somewhere I will eat it. Even if I'm full. I'm paranoid about things going off or growing mould or whatever in my bag or in the car on the way home, so it either goes into my mouth or into the bin. Stupid RSA & Food handling course has made me paranoid grrr.

I didn't end up having the special K, I was too full after the toast (which was awesome- BIG RECOMMENDATION y'all Helga's Cafe Style Toast- raisins, sunflower seeds & pumpkin seeds

November 30, 2007 (REVISED)

Breakfast/Morning tea-- 2 slices of 'raisin, sunflower seed & pumpkin seed' toast with margarine, tall glass of grape juice

golden

Postby loveat116 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:27 am

Hi Mads

Bloating sucks. When I went low carb I swear I never got bloated, cause I wasn't eating all that bread and pasta that makes you bloat! Also, cutting back on sodium will reduce water retention which can also make you bloat.

And I've found drinking a lot of water reduces bloating!

Sounds like everythings going wel! Keep it up!
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there