Because it contains so much apple along with sultanas and natural yogurt, this cake is super moist.
The only problem with this recipe is it's almost impossible not to want to go back for a second slice.
- 3 tbsp. low fat margarine spread
- 2 tbsp. caster sugar
- 2 tbsp. low fat natural yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 1 sweet green apple, golden delicious or firm gold
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. sultanas
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup low fat milk
- 1 tsp. bicarb soda
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and spray with a quick squirt of cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Core apple, cut into quarters, either slice thinly or cut into small chunks. Set aside.
- Sift flour and baking powder together, set aside.
- In a mixer place margarine and sugar and mix for 3-4 mins. Add egg and mix on low speed.
- Add yoghurt and cinnamon; mix a further minute on low speed.
- Add half the flour, mix then remaining flour, mix until incorporated.
- Heat milk in microwave for 40 seconds, should be hot. Add bicarb soda and mix, it should foam, add to mixture.
- With a mixing spoon carefully add sultanas and mix.
- Pour half the mixture into your tin, place half apple then pour remaining mixture on top. Place left over apple on top.
- Bake in oven for 40 mins, check with skewer, may need an extra 5 mins.
- Serve when cooled.
Servings: 10 Serving size:69g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||517 kJ||750 kJ|
|123 Cal||179 Cal|
|Protein||3.3 g||4.7 g|
|Fat, total||2.8 g||4.0 g|
|- Saturated||0.9 g||1.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||20.7 g||30 g|
|- Sugars||7.9 g||11.5 g|
|Sodium||252 mg||365 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.