Cabbage is very high in Vitamin K and Vitamin C and is also a good source of fibre which means it is great for weight loss because it helps keep us feeling full longer. You can substitute the beef with chicken mince or turkey mince if you like.
This recipe is low fat, low sugar, high protein, dairy free.
- 250g lean minced beef
- 1 large onion, sliced
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- 1/4 green capsicum diced
- 2 med mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups (100g) finely chopped Chinese cabbage
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 tbsp. Kecap manis - sweet soy
- ½ cup beef stock
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- ½ (125g) pkt rice noodles
- Boil kettle. Soak rice noodles in a large bowl with hot water for 2 mins, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or non-sick pan over medium heat.
- Now add onion and sauté for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add capsicum and sauté a further 2 mins.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, (don't burn).
- Now add lean minced beef sauté until well browned, braking up the mince with your wooden spoon. Add curry powder and water and stir. Add mushrooms, cabbage, beef stock and grated carrot and stir fry for a further 4 - 5 minutes, then stir in kecap manis.
- Now incorporate rice noodles gently.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1110 kJ||345 kJ|
|265 Cal||82 Cal|
|Protein||24.2 g||7.5 g|
|Fat, total||8.7 g||2.7 g|
|- Saturated||2.7 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||18 g||5.6 g|
|- Sugars||9.9 g||3.1 g|
|Sodium||469 mg||146 mg|