Combine the goodness of broccoli and the sweet taste of pumpkin and you almost have the perfect recipe for pasta lovers who are on a weight loss diet.
This recipe is low in fat, low sodium, low sugar and is also a good source of protein.
- 1 small broccoli cut into florets
- 250g pumpkin , cut into 1 cm pieces
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 11/2 cups bow tie pasta
- 3 cloves garli,c crushed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small can (185g) evaporated milk light and creamy
- Basil leaves torn (approx 12 large)
- 1/2 cup water
- Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place cut pumpkin on oven tray lined with baking paper and drizzle a tiny amount of olive oil and mix around so all of the pumpkin is coated.
- Bake in oven for around 20 mins until softened. Take out and set aside.
- Cook your pasta as per instructions.
- Heat oil in large non stick pan and cook onion for 5 mins. Then add 1/2 cup water into pan and place your broccoli florets in the pan and cover with lid on med heat and simmer for 5 mins. Add crushed garlic and stir for 1-2 mins.
- Add Evaporated milk to pan and once simmering add pumpkin, pasta and basil leaves and stir until all coated. Grind pepper and keep stirring.
- Take off heat and add parmesan cheese and serve.
Servings: 2 Serving size:480g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1900 kJ||396 kJ|
|454 Cal||95 Cal|
|Protein||31.9 g||6.6 g|
|Fat, total||12.0 g||2.5 g|
|- Saturated||6.1 g||1.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||47.4 g||9.9 g|
|- Sugars||16.6 g||3.5 g|
|Sodium||500 mg||104 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.