Freeze any leftovers for another night.
If you like a bit of spice then add some chilli to the meat mixture or drizzle some sweet chilli sauce over.
This recipe is low sugar, low saturated fat, high protein.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 500g beef mince
- ½ packet taco or fajita mix
- 1 can diced or crushed tomatoes
- Sprinkle oregano
- 3 fresh lasagne sheets (150g)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 slices short cut bacon, fat removed
- ½ cup water
- 350g ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 50g salsa
- 100g reduced fat tasty cheese
- Preheat oven 180C.
- Heat your olive oil in a pot or large frying pan. Add onion and bacon cook on medium heat for around 5 minutes.
- Turn up heat a little and add mince, stirring and breaking up clumps whilst cooking. Add garlic, red kidney beans, oregano, tomatoes, taco/fajita mix and water. Season with cracked pepper and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While this is cooking place your ricotta, eggs and salsa into a bowl and mix, set aside.
- Place a little of the meat mixture on to the base of your lasagne dish, then layering the meat, lasagne, ricotta etc. Place your grated cheese on top and cook in oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Option to serve with a dollop of extra salsa, even light sour cream or avocado; however this is not included in the nutritionals.
Servings: 8 Serving size:287g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1490 kJ||520 kJ|
|356 Cal||124 Cal|
|Protein||34.6 g||12.1 g|
|Fat, total||15.1 g||5.2 g|
|- saturated||6.8 g||2.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||19 g||6.6 g|
|- sugars||4.9 g||1.7 g|
|Sodium||531 mg||185 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.