The original Indonesian version doesn't contain vegetables or meat however you will find many versions now with many different ingredients.
This recipe is low fat, low sugar and a good source of protein.
- 2 Cups cooked rice
- 16 Prawns (aka shrimp) raw, shelled and deveined
- 1 carrot, diced
- 4 eggs
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- 2 Mushrooms
- 1 stick celery
- ¼ cup bean sprouts
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp. Ketjap Manis (sweet soy, replace with soy and tsp. brown sugar)
- ¼ tsp. chilli sauce
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- Cook rice as per instructions. When cooked lay out on a baking tray lined with baking paper, let cool. When cooled place in fridge to become cold.
- Meanwhile in a wok heat sesame oil and capsicum, carrot, celery and broccoli and stir fry for a few mins. Add ½ cup water to help cook the veg. Continue to cook for 5 mins. Add ginger and 2 cloves crushed garlic, stir fry 1 more minute and take off place in bowl or plate and set aside.
- Put wok back onto heat, drop of sesame oil and stir fry your prawns. These should take about 3-4 minutes, add mushrooms, garlic and chilli sauce and cook until the prawns are opaque (translucent).
- Add the Veg’s back to the wok, stir together, and then add the rice. You will need to break up in the wok with your wooden spoon. Pour over the rice the Ketjap Manis and incorporate all together. Add the bean sprouts and continue to stir an extra minute. Turn off heat.
- Now in a frypan, spray a little cooking spray and fry 2 eggs.
- Serve the Rice dish immediately and place the eggs on top of the rice.
Servings: 4 Serving size:308g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1350 kJ||438 kJ|
|322 Cal||105 Cal|
|Protein||28 g||9.1 g|
|Fat, total||8.8 g||2.8 g|
|- Saturated||2.4 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||29.4 g||9.6 g|
|- Sugars||10.6 g||3.4 g|
|Sodium||898 mg||292 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.