Prunes are dried plums. They are most known for relieving constipation however they have far more benefits which include being cholesterol and fat-free, high in fibre and they contain many nutrients and antioxidants that can contribute to our health. In fact, few people realise that prunes have a higher level of anti-oxidants than most fresh berries, including blueberries.
- 1 large over ripe banana, peeled
- 6 prunes, pitted (dried plums)
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1.5 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup low fat natural yoghurt
- 1/2 cup ice
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Serve in 2 glasses and enjoy.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1190 kJ||345 kJ|
|284 Cal||82 Cal|
|Protein||15.2 g||4.4 g|
|Fat, total||4.5 g||1.3 g|
|- Saturated||2.3 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||42.7 g||12.3 g|
|- Sugars||33.2 g||9.6 g|
|Sodium||115 mg||33 mg|