Our recipe uses a vegetarian chilli, which is packed full of flavour. This salad is packed with legumes which will help keep you feeling fuller for longer. This recipe is low sugar, low fat and a good source of protein.
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 pita bread
- 2 cups lettuce
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup corn
- Squeeze lime juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. salt reduce taco seasoning mix
- Optional Extras:
- 1/2 cup cheese
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tbsp. light sour cream
- Preheat oven 180c.
- Spray pita with olive oil on both sides. Cut each into 8 slices and spread out onto tray. Place on a tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 5-10 mins until crispy. Take out and set aside.
- In a small pot heat olive oil and saute onion for 5 mins. Add kidney beans, garlic, tomato, seasoning mix and a little water if needed. Simmer for 15 mins stirring occasioanlly.
- Place your pita on a plate with lettuce ontop. Spoon heated chilli mixture on the top with tomatoes and corn then drizzle a little sweet chilli sauce.
- Squeeze a little lime juice over the top of the salad.
- Option to add a little cheese, sour cream and avocado however these are not included in the nutritionals.
Servings: 2 Serving size:334g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1560 kJ||467 kJ|
|373 Cal||112 Cal|
|Protein||14.3 g||4.3 g|
|Fat, total||8.7 g||2.6 g|
|- Saturated||1.5 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||51.7 g||15.5 g|
|- Sugars||10.8 g||3.2 g|
|Sodium||470 mg||141 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.