Being as healthy as this chicken salad is, you'd think it must be tasteless. Nothing could be further from the truth. Even people that don't like salads that have tried this one become converts. You can add additional ingredients like capsicum and sliced onion if you like.
- 1 large chicken breast or 2 small
- 1 small baby cos lettuce, sliced in chunks
- 4 cherry tomatoes, havled
- 1 lebanese cumcumber, sliced
- 4 cup mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- ½ cup corn
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 slices multigrain toast, cut into squares
- 2 tbsp. sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp. lemon or lime juice
- S & P to taste
- Heat a griddle pan or BBQ for 5 mins.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on bench,spray a little cooking spray, place chicken breast on the paper then season with S & P and a sprinkle of rosemary. Cover with another sheet of baking paper and flatten with rolling pin or mallet until even.
- Place chicken on griddle pan and cook 5 mins each side or until cooked all the way through. Take off, set on a plate, cover with foil to rest.
- Meanwhile cut the lettuce into chunks and add the tomatoes, cucumber, corn and mushrooms on top of the lettuce.
- In a small bowl mix the sweet chilli sauce lime juice, olive oil until all incorporated.
- With a sharp knife slice chicken into chunks or slices and place on salad ingredients.
- Drizzle dressing over, season with more cracked pepper.
- Place onto plates and enjoy!
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1710 kJ||450 kJ|
|408 Cal||107 Cal|
|Protein||50.5 g||13.3 g|
|Fat, total||11.6 g||3 g|
|- Saturated||2.4 g||0.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||22.6 g||5.9 g|
|- Sugars||13.2 g||3.5 g|
|Sodium||435 mg||114 mg|