This is a great soup to make and should take no more than 30 minutes to make. If you can't find kale then just use fresh spinach or silverbeet. We have made this on the hotter side of medium so please adjust to suit your taste. You can replace the fresh chilli with a tiny pinch of chilli flakes and that won't make it too spicy.
This recipe makes 2 big bowls full which you can reduce down to 4 smaller portions.
- 2 cups chopped kale, stalks removed
- 1 carrot, chopped or sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup dried brown/green lentils
- 1 chilli or chilli paste, to taste
- Sprinkle paprika
- 2 cups chicken stock, salt reduced
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped pumpkin
- 2 mushrooms cut into quarters
- Bring to boil your water and chicken stock in a medium pot with lid on.
- Turn down to a simmer and add lentils, chilli and garlic. Simmer for 20 mins.
- Add carrot, pumpkin, mushrooms and simmer for a further 10 mins or unti softened. Season wiht salt and pepper to taste.
- Add kale and simmer a further couple of minutes.
- Serve immediately.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||890 kJ||123 kJ|
|213 Cal||29 Cal|
|Protein||14.6 g||2.0 g|
|Fat, total||1.6 g||0.2 g|
|- Saturated||0.5 g||0.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||28.0 g||3.9 g|
|- Sugars||9.9 g||1.4 g|
|Sodium||985 mg||136 mg|