As well as having tender beef, this recipe is packed full of flavour. Great tasting and low in sodium, sugar and fat, while being high in protein makes this recipe a dieter or weight watchers dream, and a healthy and tasty meal for those who aren't necessarily watching their weight.
- 750g (26oz) Blade Steak, fully trimmed of fat and diced
- 2 onions diced
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ tsp. chilli paste or chilli (for med heat)
- 2 tsp. crushed ginger
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. coriander ground
- 2 tsp. mustard powder
- 2 tsp. cardamom
- 3 tsp. turmeric
- 1 can tomato, crushed (optional)
- 4 cups beef stock, heated
- 3 med potatoes cut into qtrs.
- 2 large carrots cut into chunks
- Salt & Cracked pepper for seasoning
- Turn on slow cooker to heat up.
- In a non-stick fry pan, heat olive oil on med heat and sauté onions for 5 mins or until softened. Place into slow cooker.
- Now sauté beef until browned on all sides and place into slow cooker.
- In a small bowl place cumin, coriander, mustard powder, cardamom and turmeric powders and mix. Now place into slow cooker.
- Add ginger, and crushed garlic, chilli, crushed tomato, and beef stock. Season with salt and pepper, stir and let cook for 6 hours.
- At the 6 hour mark, add the carrots and potatoes and cook a further 2 hours.
- Serve with Steamed Rice.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1820 kJ||335 kJ|
|435 Cal||80 Cal|
|Protein||45.3 g||8.3 g|
|Fat, total||9.2 g||1.7 g|
|- Saturated||2.2 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||36.9 g||6.8 g|
|- Sugars||7.3 g||1.3 g|
|Sodium||116 mg||21 mg|