We have not completely blended this soup as we love to leave some chunks for texture. If you would like a smoother texture and a little thinner then add an extra cup of stock and blend for longer.
This recipe is low fat, low sodium, low sugar, dairy free, gluten free, and vegetarian.
- 4 -5 carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 2 cups beef or vegetable stock, salt reduced
- 1 tsp. crushed ginger
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- ½ bunch fresh coriander
- In a med pot, heat olive oil and sauté onions for 5-8 mins until softened.
- Add the ground coriander and stir for a further minute until aroma has been released.
- Now add garlic and ginger, stirring a further minute.
- Add the chopped carrots and stock, then fish sauce and simmer for approx. 20 minutes until carrots have softened.
- Blitz with a hand blender or processer and serve.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||423 kJ||142 kJ|
|101 Cal||34 Cal|
|Protein||2.8 g||0.9 g|
|Fat, total||3.7 g||1.2 g|
|- Saturated||0.6 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||10.1 g||3.4 g|
|- Sugars||9.8 g||3.3 g|
|Sodium||186 mg||62 mg|