This is a very clean tasting dish with a lovely smokey flavour coming from the chorizo. If you dont have chorizo, you can use smokey bacon instead. Optional extras to consider adding are a sprinkle of parmesan cheese or a pinch of chilli.
- 1 large chicken breast, no skin, chopped
- 4 large button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bag baby spinach, 150g
- ½ red capsicum, diced (aka bell pepper)
- 2 tbsp. marinated capsicum from a jar (aka bell pepper)
- ½ onion, sliced
- ½ chorizo sausage, sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1.5 cup dried penne
- 10-15 leaves of fresh basil
- 1 tbsp. crumbled reduced fat feta
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Cook Penne as per instructions reserved 1 large cup of pasta water then drain and set aside.
- In a large non-stick frypan heat 1 tbsp. olive oil and stir fry the onion and fresh red capsicum.
- After a 4 mins add the mushrooms and continue to stir fry.
- Once mushrooms have started to cook, take off heat onto a plate and set aside.
- Heat pan again and add chorizo, cooking on med heat until browned, approx 2 minutes.
- Now add chicken, cooking until nearly cooked.
- Add back to pan onion & capsicum then add the spinach, this will take approx 2 minutes to start to collapse, adding some of the pasta water (not all just a little) to help with the process.
- Add the other capsicum (from jar) and cherry tomatoes, basil leaves and season with S & P to taste.
- After cooking for a minute, add pasta and a little more of the pasta water to help bind it all.
- Once all incorporated serve immediately, with crumbled feta.
Servings: 4 Serving size:288g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1290 kJ||448 kJ|
|308 Cal||107 Cal|
|Protein||32.4 g||11.3 g|
|Fat, total||12.6 g||4.4 g|
|- Saturated||3.2 g||1.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||13.6 g||4.7 g|
|- Sugars||3.9 g||1.4 g|
|Sodium||228 mg||79 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.