Because of this, this lemon chicken recipe is light, and the nutritions of this dish speak for themselves. If you want a great tasting lemon chicken without the fat and calories, this is it.
- 1 chicken breast, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup cauliflower cut in florets
- 1/4 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1-2 lemons freshly squeezed (1/4 cup juice)
- 1 tbsp. mirin
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. cornflour mixed with 1/4 cup cold water in a cup
- Cook rice as per instructions.
- In a small bowl mix lemon juice, mirin, sugar and soy sauce. Taste to ensure not too sour. Adjust accordingly.
- Heat non-stick frying pan or wok. On medium heat add olive oil and add onion and capsicum and stir fry for a couple of mins until softened. Add chicken breast; cook a further couple of mins or until cooked 3/4 through, then take off heat onto a plate and cover with foil.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower, carrot to pan and stir fry. You can add some water to help steam the vegetables and you can cover with a lid if you like. Once softened to your liking add chicken and onion back to pan then add sauce mix. Mix until incorporated, tasting to see if it is to your pallet.
- Once you are happy with the taste add the cornflour and water mixture, this will thicken the sauce.
- Serve with your steamed rice.
Servings: 2 Serving size:471g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1970 kJ||419 kJ|
|471 Cal||100 Cal|
|Protein||45.7 g||9.7 g|
|Fat, total||10.1 g||2.1 g|
|- Saturated||2.0 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||43.2 g||9.2 g|
|- Sugars||19.4 g||4.1 g|
|Sodium||645 mg||137 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.