We have used red lentils as they don’t take as long to cook as the brown lentils.
You can spice this up with some chilli if you like a bit of heat. This recipe is low sodium, low sugar, low fat, high protein.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 40g chorizo
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 cup dried red lentils
- ¼ red capsicum, diced
- ¼ cup frozen corn
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- 1 cup water or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Splash Worcecshire sauce
- Sprinkle oregano
- Sprinkle thyme or rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked rice
- In a pot heat olive oil. Sauté onions on medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened. Add capsicum and chorizo, continue to sauté a couple more minutes.
- Add carrot, celery, season with a sprinkle of herbs and pepper. After about 3-4 minutes add Worcecshire sauce then diced tomatoes, stirring.
- Now add garlic, lentils, water, peas and corn, tomato paste and sugar. Simmer stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. You might need to add more stock or water, keep an eye on it. Taste and if it needs more seasoning add more herbs, salt or pepper.
- Once cooked about 20 minutes of simmering, serve with cooked rice.
Servings: 4 Serving size:387g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1360 kJ||351 kJ|
|325 Cal||84 Cal|
|Protein||17 g||4.4 g|
|Fat, total||3.9 g||1 g|
|- saturated||1.2 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||48.6 g||12.5 g|
|- sugars||10.8 g||2.8 g|
|Sodium||357 mg||92 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.