Although this is not low fat recipe due to the avocado, the majority of the fat is healthy unsaturated fat, and the dish overall makes for a very nutritious breakfast.
You can get creative with this recipe by adding a little chilli or even a poached egg on top.
- ½ Avocado, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp. Cottage Cheese, low fat
- 4 mint leaves
- 3 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tsp. basil paste or basil pesto
- Squeeze fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 tbsp. crumbled feta
- 1 slice light rye sour dough bread
- S & P to taste
- Lightly toast your bread.
- Cut avocado into chunks and place in bowl. Chop mint leaves and place in bowl then add the tomatoes. Squeeze lemon juice over and season with S & P.
- Now spread the basil past lightly over toast, then cottage cheese.
- Place Avocado mixture on top of the cottage cheese, then crumble feta on top.
- Serve immediately.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1440 kJ||775 kJ|
|344 Cal||185 Cal|
|Protein||11.6 g||6.2 g|
|Fat, total||18.1 g||9.8 g|
|- Saturated||4.8 g||2.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||30.3 g||16.3 g|
|- Sugars||4.1 g||2.2 g|
|Sodium||450 mg||243 mg|