Pappardelle pasta is a very wide ribbon pasta that holds sauce on its surface very well. But be warned, a little goes a long way with this pasta which is very filling. You certainly shouldn't be wanting dessert after a serve of this dish which will keep you feeling full for hours.
This recipe is low sugar, low fat, high protein.
- 2 chicken breasts, (500g) cubed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 560ml light & creamy evaporated milk (about 11/2 cans 375ml)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 sliced short cut bacon (aka UK Back Bacon & USA Canadian Bacon) Chopped
- 3 spring onions (aka scallions) chopped
- 375g Pappardelle Pasta
- 3 tsp. cornflour mixed with ¼ cup cold water
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat a large pot of water for your pasta.
- In a large non- stick fry pan or wok heat oil on med/high and cook the onion for 10 minutes, stirring. Do not burn.
- Now add the bacon and cook a further 5 mins until bacon starts to colour.
- Add the chopped chicken and stir fry for 5 mins or until chicken is ¾ cooked.
- Crush your garlic and add, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Now add the evaporated milk, stirring, turn heat down low and simmer for 20 mins, season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile this is simmering cook your pasta as per instructions.
- Once your pasta is cooked, add to mixture and incorporate.
- Add your cornflour mixture, this will thicken the sauce.
- Add the spring onions and serve immediately with parmesan cheese.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2350 kJ||510 kJ|
|561 Cal||122 Cal|
|Protein||57.9 g||12.6 g|
|Fat, total||13.8 g||3.0 g|
|- Saturated||6.5 g||1.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||48.1 g||10.5 g|
|- Sugars||22.1 g||4.8 g|
|Sodium||786 mg||171 mg|