This cake is perfect for a palate cleansing dessert, or as an afternoon or morning snack with a cup of tea.
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup chopped dates (150g)
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 3 tbsp. light margarine spread, (option to use butter instead)
- ½ cup hot water
- ½ cup apple or pear juice
- ½ cup low fat plain yoghurt
- 1 lemon zest only
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F). Spray a loaf tin with cooking spray, and line with baking paper.
- Boil water and soak chopped dates in a bowl.
- In a mixer, place margarine and sugar and beat on med speed for 5 mins. Add vanilla and zest, beat another minute. Add yoghurt and egg, beat on low speed.
- Sift flour and baking powder and add to mixture, 1/3 at a time alternating with the juice on low speed.
- Stop mixer and with a wooden spoon, add date mixture and stir until blended. Gently add pears.
- Pour into tin and bake for 50 mins, checking with skewer. It might need another 5 or 10 mins if skewer comes out with mixture on it.
- Cool on a cake rack.
Servings: 10 Serving size:117g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||766 kJ||654 kJ|
|183 Cal||156 Cal|
|Protein||3.6 g||3.1 g|
|Fat, total||2.5 g||2.1 g|
|- Saturated||0.8 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||34.8 g||29.8 g|
|- Sugars||21.4 g||18.3 g|
|Sodium||114 mg||98 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.