Eggs are back on the menu as more nutritionists and dietitians agree about the important role they can play in a healthy diet.
If you use only the white of the egg and low-fat or reduced fat cheese you can minimise the calories if you are trying to lose weight.
- 1 crumpet
- 1 egg
- 1/2 small tomato sliced
- 1 slice low-fat or reduced fat tasty cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toast crumpet in toaster until browned.
- Place sliced cheese and tomato on toast.
- Poach egg in small fry pan with simmering water and cook until desired.
- Place poached egg on top of crumpet and serve immediate.
- Season with pepper and salt.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1030 kJ||712 kJ|
|246 Cal||170 Cal|
|Protein||13.9 g||9.6 g|
|Fat, total||9.4 g||6.5 g|
|- Saturated||3.8 g||2.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||25.5 g||17.6 g|
|- Sugars||1.6 g||1.1 g|
|Sodium||668 mg||461 mg|