We've assumed that you are most likely to enjoy this dish for lunch but it would also make a wonderful low fat dinner.
Chicken breast is a dieter's best friend because it is low in fat, high in protein and keeps you feeling fuller longer. Wraps are a healthy and low calorie alternative to white bread. The best wrap to use is a wholemeal pita or wholemeal tortilla. You can use either tzatiki made with greek yoghurt and grated cucumber mixed together or just plain greek yoghurt which has a lovely creamy flavour.
This recipe is low saturated fat, low sodium, low sugar and high protein.
- 1 chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 1 tbsp. cajun spice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 light tortillas or pita bread
- 2-3 tbsp. tzatikki dip or greek yoghurt
- 1/2 zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 large carrot sliced
- Place chicken strips, cajun spice and oil in a bowl, cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick fry pan over a medium-high heat. Cook zucchini and carrot slices. Take off and set aside.
- Place the chicken strips in the pan and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Top each tortilla with Tzatziki dip, carrot, zuccini and carrot.
- Serve immediately with a green salad of your choice.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1660 kJ||657 kJ|
|396 Cal||157 Cal|
|Protein||45 g||17.8 g|
|Fat, total||11.5 g||4.5 g|
|- Saturated||2.9 g||1.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||29.2 g||11.5 g|
|- Sugars||5.7 g||2.3 g|
|Sodium||289 mg||114 mg|